It's time for Tune Up Tuesday, where we explore techniques and tools that can help put us in a more appreciative frame of mind.
Has 2020 got you feeling down? I'm guessing that we have all been depressed and/or anxious at various times during this difficult, trying year.
Everyone needs some cheering up from time to time. One tool that we can use to raise our spirits that doesn't require any effort at all is to listen to our favorite music!
Because there are so many great benefits that come along with listening to music, I thought it would be fun to come up with an inspirational playlist to help put me in the mood to give out more gold stars!
So here is my list of mood-lifting songs, in no particular order, with the exception of #1, which is currently my #1 go to song when I need a mood pick me up:
1. Happy by Pharrell Williams – this song is guaranteed to put me in a better mood!
2. Dancing Queen by ABBA – yes, I will admit that I am an ABBA fan!
3. I Want You Back by Lake Street Dive – this band is currently one of my favorites, and I think their version of this song is even better than the one by the Jackson 5!
4. Uptown Funk by Mark Ronson featuring Bruno Mars – makes me wanna dance!
5. Don’t Stop Believin' by Journey – I am a HUGE Journey fan, but that didn't happen until adulthood
6. Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen – shouldn't this be on everyone's list?!
7. You Make My Dreams Come True by Hall & Oates – Tom and I played this song at the end of our wedding for our exit
8. Life Is a Highway by Tom Cochrane – this song happily reminds me of my brother, who died many years ago
9. Groove Is in the Heart by Deee Lite
10. Raise Your Glass by Pink
11. I Know What I Know by Paul Simon
12. Juice by Lizzo
13. Goodbye Girl by Squeeze
14. Firework by Katy Perry
15. Lose Yourself by Eminem
And, finally, All Star by Smash Mouth: How could I not like a song with the lyric – “Hey now, you’re an all star, get your game on, go play”???
I didn't have time to do it prior to publishing this post, but one day I will compile these songs, along with some others, into a playlist on Spotify. And then I will come back and post a link to the Spotify playlist here!
Do any of my songs resonate with you? What’s a song (or two) that is always guaranteed to put you in a good mood? I'm always looking for new songs to add to my happy music repertoire, so please tell us what your favorites are in the comments!